Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Of Cars & Camels

Ever since I saw this picture, everything cleared in my head. So this is what I'd been wanting for the longest time and hadn't known known how to put it into words- wanting to leap out of the car right on to the camel's back. Not just a really deadly stunt/stupid move/error, the act holds so much meaning, now that I clearly know what it means. It's a move not from a vehicle to an animal, but a move from the stable to the unstable, from technology to the wild, from a smooth fast ride in a gas-run four wheeler to a slower, bumpier, far more exotic ride on a four-legged moody transporter. It will be a slower ride, but a much more beautiful one for sure. I want to stop and smell the roses each time my camel wants to stop and nibble tree leaves. I want to see every frame and take in the details, not whizz by in a car and watch life flashing by the window or in the rear view mirror.

2 comments:

Che said...

Ah. Reminds of this wonderful article i read about the same in an in-flight magazine. Though I dont think they are very pleasent smelling creatures and they have a mean bite!

vincent said...

hah..you know i actually had my bum pained for three days after 2hours ride on the camel..but it was helluva an experience, minus the pain though.. :D